Click HERE for challenge details
or to Sign Up!
Okay, okay, okay. In 2014, I did not sign up for any challenges except for my Goodreads Challenge because I have a history of not following-thru with them. BUT there are a few this year that have caught my eye in big, big ways and I can't help myself. Enter Hannah from So Obsessed With and Kelly from Belle of the Literati and friends, I JUST CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF.
Why are you doing this, Ash? The 2015 Re-Read Challenge speaks to my heart and soul. I couldn't NOT sign up. As an extremely emotional reader, re-reading is one of the best ways to re-live all of the crazy emotions I feel so, so deeply while I'm reading WHICH I LOVE. Plus I couldn't resist the opportunity to group myself with a set of like-minded people and maybe some other people that want to try to re-read more. Also: I'm going to be re-reading anyway, so why not participate?
What are the rules? Hannah and Kelly say there aren't many rules, and I believe them! They're making it easy, and I LOVE THAT. From their own blogs:
Honestly, we don't want to have a lot of rules either. We want it to be as easy as possible for anyone to participate, including ourselves. All you have to do is write an intro post stating WHY you want to join and WHAT books you're hoping to re-read. Then, add it to the sign up linky. After that, just write a post each month recapping what you re-read that month and add it to the linky we'll post on our blogs each month. That's it! You've earned re-read bragging rights for the month. We'll explain it all below, but trust us... it's not difficult.
Do you have to review your re-reads? I don't have to, and I probably won't review them all. But this is a great opportunity for me to talk about some of the books that I've read and loved, but maybe have not shared on my blog for whatever reason. Maybe I read them before I was blogging or maybe I read them during that super-busy period of time this past year when I didn't pick up my computer for a few months. These gals have even been thoughtful enough to include a Re-Read Review Template to use if I want to! Check it out:
Don't want to take time away from review books and get behind on posts for your blog? We don't either! If you feel like re-reading will set you back, you could write a re-read review. This portion is optional, of course, and not required to participate in the challenge or qualify for the giveaways. But if you're interested, highlight your re-reads with a re-read review. For example, we'll be answering these questions:
WHEN I First ReadWHAT I RememberWHY I Wanted to Re-ReadHOW I Felt After Re-Reading
WOULD I Re-Read Again
BOOM. You're done! Post it. Add it to the monthly re-read recap post. Tweet with the hashtag #ReRead2015. You've got a post for your blog AND the challenge. Each post you link counts as an entry to our giveaways.
Reading books makes me happy, DUH. That's one of the things that brings this great community together. But there's just something about picking up a book that I've loved and basking in that story over and over again OR giving a book another chance that makes my reading heart go pitter-patter. This challenge was created for someone like ME and hallelujah for booknerds that GET ME down to my core.
Here are A FEW of the books that I plan on re-reading.
This list is INCOMPLETE:
Here are the rest of the details from Hannah's Blog and Kelly's Blog. I encourage you guys to consider signing up for this one -- this will be fun! You can sign up HERE.
The Re-Read Challenge Details
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2015 - December 31, 2015. The sign-up linky will remain open until the end of January, but join at any time by adding your intro post to any monthly re-read recap linky.
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it's a re-read.
- We will have two giveaways - one at the six-month point and one at the end of the year. Giveaway details posted closer to the halfway point!
- You don't have to follow our blogs to participate or be entered in the giveaways.
- Write a post about joining The 2015 Re-Read Challenge on your blog. In the post, include the banner, a link back to our sign-up page, the number of books you'd like to re-read and list some books you're hoping to re-read for the challenge.
- Add the direct link to your sign-up post in the linky below.
- Optional: Put the challenge button in your sidebar (grab link available at the bottom of the post).
- DONE. It's as easy as that to get started.
How You Participate
- Re-read some books!
- In the first week of each month, we will post a re-read recap on Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With that includes a linky that will be open all month. Write a post detailing what you re-read the last month, and add the direct link to our linky to be entered in our giveaways.
- If you write any re-read reviews (it's totally optional!), add those to the monthly linky for additional entries (one per post) in our giveways.
- If you miss a monthly post, just link up your reviews and/or recap in the linky during the next month.
Do you enjoy re-reading?
Are you participating in
The Re-Read Challenge?
The Re-Read Challenge?