Contemporary Month is over.
*sniffles, sighs, takes a deep breath*
*sniffles, sighs, takes a deep breath*
Y'all know me. I have thoughts about Contemporary Month.
I'd like to share them in the form of a list.
- First of all, I want to thank Evie who is one of the most fabulous people I've never met in real life before. She is one of my favorite bloggers and her enthusiasm is completely contagious. When she asked me about doing this event with her, I was all for it. I'd also like to thank Bonnie, who is a new blogging pal. I met Bonnie through Evie and through this event, and that is super awesome. Co-Hosting an event like this was a FIRST for me, and these two gals made it super easy.
- I also would like to thank all of the publishers who were and continue to be so generous to me as a book blogger. The publisher-blogger relationship is a precious one to me because this is the best hobby ever. (I wish I could have this as a job, you guys. It would be awesome.)
- I cannot believe that so many of you came by the blog to read what I had to say. True, some of it was just fluffy and funny stuff, and there were some that were real review-like thoughts - but I still can't believe that people even care what Asheley thinks! There are some of you that I've met this month that are super awesome commenters, and I am hoping to return the favor at least half as well as you guys did for me this month.
- To my "regular" blogging friends - I normally am pretty good about visiting your blogs but this month I have really stunk at it, and I am sorry. I plan to jump right back in the saddle and make it up to you all ASAP. You all rock my world.
- I will do my very best to never do two big blog events in one month again. Just, no. I haven't been able to give a perfect 100% to either event, and that isn't fair to either party. Or to myself! (It doesn't mean that I haven't been enjoying them both though!)
Contemporary YA is a group of books that I honestly didn't read all that much before this event. I still don't really consider myself "well-read" in the contemps, but WOW I feel like I have spent a lot of time on them in the past thirty days! I won't lie when I say that I'm ready to jump back into my sci-fi/fantasy, dystopians, and paranormals, but I can absolutely appreciate why you all love this group of books so much.
I have to admit, though, that the intense/issue books are not my very favorite in the group. I can take them every now and then, and I'll keep on reading them and we can keep on discussing them in the comments, but I can't read them back-to-back anymore. They just drain me! I have to read them mixed in with some good stuff - and by good stuff, I certainly do not mind romance contemps mixed with some issues along with all of the other genres.
That being said, I did find a new instant-read author, a couple of new favorite books, and a few books that will likely make it to my Best-Of list at the end of the year. I would never have even given them a second glance without this event. That's pretty amazing to me.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that with this being my first event, I think it went pretty well. What do you guys think, did it go well? I really hope so because I want to do it again in the future. I hope you guys enjoyed it. By the time this post publishes, a little over half of my giveaways will have ended and I wish you all good luck! I'll be emailing the winners ASAP.
Also, the books that didn't make it into the schedule yet that I had planned on talking about during this event - they'll be coming up shortly on the blog. No worries. I still have great contemps all over the place around here.
June has been YA Contemporary Month at Into the Hall of Books.
This event has been Co-Hosted by:
Thank everybody for being so awesome about everything.
Please keep stopping by and talking to me about books!